Written by Holger Schultheiß
Saturday, 15 March 2008 11:00
Links to similar tools
- Big Sister is a tool similar to OpenSMART. The main differences (IMHO) are:
- No Database backend
- No XML Configuration for checks
- Not Pure Perl (at least for the agents)
- decentral management for agents/updates
- no sla reporting
- Nagios is a tool similar to OpenSMART,too. Many users, many checks. I think the main difference is, that nagios is directed at network monitoring, where OpenSMART is directed at application monitoring.
- Just For Fun Network Management System" monitors "just" Network checks (SNMP/Syslog/TCP Ports)
- GKrellM monitors your Desktop (I think). No monitoring for many servers
- OpenNMS, another Network Managment System. Directed to network monitoring through SNMP.
- Big Brother very similar to nagios, BigSister or OpenSMART, but for commercial use not free!
Other useful links
Last Updated on Thursday, 08 September 2011 06:02